Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Winter Is Here



Well, we have had our first sample of winter. Our first inversion of the season is now in it's second week. I had never heard of inversion until I moved here, but I know what it is now! It is a horrible, dense, low fog that lasts for a week or more, day and night. It happens when the cold air gets trapped in the valley and also traps all of the pollution and dirt low to the ground. Then everyone gets sick. The fog is so thick we can barely see the house across the street. Between that and the patches of ice on the road, my commute to work this morning wasn't very fun! We got a tiny bit of snow yesterday afternoon, and there was a little more on the road this morning. Last night, there was frost on the leaves on our tree in the front yard. So it's winter jackets and gloves, hats and scarves for us!

We will be spending Thanksgiving at my parents' house tomorrow, with all the family... except Justin, Jordan & Marci who are in California and couldn't make it. It will be crazy and fun! Saturday we will drive to Twin Falls to have Thanksgiving dinner with Robert's family. Mmmmm, more food! I hope everyone has a very Happy Thanksgiving, and be safe if you're traveling!

2 Comments:

Blogger Khrista said...

That doesn't look like much fun! Yuck! Have a great Thanksgiving. You can expect an email from me next week! (Promise!)

November 23, 2005 2:04 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth City Johnsons said...

WOW that is very interesting! I didn't know what that was either! it looks pretty yucky!

November 29, 2005 8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My grace is sufficient for you,
for My strength is made perfect in weakness.
- 2 Cor. 12:9