Monday, April 17, 2006

Easter Weekend

I hope everyone had a Happy Easter! We were busy this weekend. Saturday we had our big church Easter outreach event... It went great! It was kinda cold, but the rain held off!! The Easter egg hunt was crazy... so many kids!! Then Robert and I ran the ring toss game, which was really fun.
The pictures below are Jonas, Elyssa, Isaak, and Robert, Jonas and Tausha helping Jarrod with the ring toss.


On Saturday night, Robert and I dyed easter eggs, and I accidentally dropped one, which landed on Bailey! His nose was pink for the rest of the night. Woops! :)
The purple, cracked egg in the middle is the one I dropped.

Robert and I did easter baskets for each other, so I got a pink watering can (I had really been wanting one!), some more lily bulbs, and, of course, yummy candy, among other things. :)
Church on Sunday was awesome, and over the two days, 19 people gave their lives to the Lord!! After the service Sunday morning, we released some doves outside. It was symbolizing our freedom in Christ and the new life he gave. It was pretty cool, even though my pictures aren't great.

We had an Easter barbeque at my parents' house, and watched The Chronicles of Narnia. Most of us had seen it, but my dad and Jonas watched it for the first time. Jonas sat by me and I talked him through the scary parts, and he had no trouble seeing (and explaining) the similarities in the movie and the Easter story. Smart kid! My mom had 3 dozen eggs that had been decorated, emptied and filled with confetti, so we took those outside and hit them with baseball bats. Everyone seemed to agree we have a new family Easter tradition. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth City Johnsons said...

I am happy to hear you all had a great Easter! sounds like the church service on Sunday was awesome. good pics too.

April 17, 2006 3:45 PM  
Blogger Khrista said...

Glad you all had a good Easter! We went to church and then to Six Flags for free! (We got in with Dave's sister's season passes.)

April 17, 2006 7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My grace is sufficient for you,
for My strength is made perfect in weakness.
- 2 Cor. 12:9