Friday, April 14, 2006

Flowers

Yesterday was so beautiful here! It was sunny and bright and about 71 degrees! And our server crashed at work, so I was able to leave early (about 1:30). I was SOOOO happy! We were able to get some work done in the yard, which I have been wanting to do forever! We cleared out an area in the backyard where I will put some flowers and my strawberries. We picked a spot for the vegetable garden, killed some weeds, and planted some bulbs in the front yard. Today I get off early too. :) It is a little overcast and not quite as warm, but it is still pretty nice out. I have SPRING FEVER bad! Haha! This weekend will be busy for us. Our friends Matt & Hannah are coming over for dinner tonight. Tomorrow our church is putting on a HUGE Easter event for the community. Easter egg hunt, live band, big inflatable toys, carnival games, all kinds of prizes, a basketball tournament.... It should be a lot of fun! Then Sunday, we have church of course, and Easter dinner at my parents' house. I hope everyone has a great weekend! HAPPY EASTER!

Here are some sample pictures of the flowers we will have in the yard when we are done.


Bachelor Buttons /Cosmos /Asters


Forget-me-nots / Lilies / Narcissus



Rose Mallow / Tulips

3 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth City Johnsons said...

wow! lote sof color! I am still waiting for a good day to put in all my flowers. I have planted the summer grass already though....it is taking FOREVER to come in..so I finally broke down and raised the wheels on the mower, and mowed the existing LONG grass :-) Hope you enjoy your garden, and all the beutiful flowers!

April 14, 2006 11:27 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth City Johnsons said...

Your yard is going to look beautiful! We planted some Aster a few days ago. We'll see if they sprout!

April 15, 2006 11:23 AM  
Blogger Khrista said...

oops..I had been modifying Rachel's blog for her and was still signed in as her and posted the above comment! But it was from me! :o)

April 15, 2006 11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My grace is sufficient for you,
for My strength is made perfect in weakness.
- 2 Cor. 12:9