Friday, June 23, 2006

Road Trip!


Last weekend we went on a road trip to Moscow. Robert was working up there for a couple days, so I took time off and went with him. We took the long way up and the short way back. It doesn't look like that much longer, but the road there winds through the mountains a lot (through a national forest, into Oregon and Washington), and we stopped a lot so I could get pictures. It was a great drive, and it was nice to spend the time together! We also took a "detour" inadvertantly and drove up the Hells Canyon Scenic Byway. It's a really pretty drive, but we didn't realize that it ends at the dam, so then we had to turn around and go back. We did see a bald eagle flying through the canyon though, so it was worth it! Every time a take a trip here, I remember why I love the west so much!! On our way up, we passed through a little town just outside the Wallawa National Forest called Joseph. It is now on my top ten list of places to retire. :) Here are a few pictures from the trip.

The 2 pictures above are of Joseph

We also saw a couple of hawks and several deer

Lesson learned: Don't leave your sandwich unattended!

1 Comments:

Blogger Khrista said...

Jaw dropping gorgeous scenery! I would love to visit someday and take a road trip with you!

June 23, 2006 2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My grace is sufficient for you,
for My strength is made perfect in weakness.
- 2 Cor. 12:9