Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Birthdays & Bees

I just downloaded a few pictures from my "little" camera, the one I use for casual snapshots, so I thought I would share them.
The first ones are from the surprise 30th birthday party we had for our friends Candy & Heidi. Arin planned most of it, and she did a great job - it was really fun! It was a fall theme, with lots of cute decorations, a sweet slide show (it made me cry!), pumpkin carving, bobbing for apples (Robert took 2nd place - he lost to JJ, whose strategy involved his long neck) and line dancing (which also later turned into swing dancing).


Earlier in the summer, we found out that I am sort of allergic to bee stings. I had never been stung before... not in 27 years!! Luckily, I am not deathly allergic, since I got stung while we were halfway through a 2-hour float trip on the Boise River! My hand swelled up pretty good, though, and I've been told that the swelling gets worse each time you get stung. Ouch! Here's hoping I'll go another 27 years before my next one. :)

I actually replaced my "little" camera this week... I've had it since I graduated from high school (almost 10 years ago!) and it has been great, but it's getting a little beat up and I decided it was time to retire it. I got a Nikon L12 (I am a loyal Nikon girl... I always look at other cameras, and end up buying a Nikon). It's not the most expensive or the fanciest one out there, but it works for taking good pictures when I don't want to carry around my SLR. And it fits in my pocket! Yay!



Old Camera


New Camera

3 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

how in the world had you never been stung by a bee? your hand looks kind of scary...will you have to carry an epipen around now?

October 03, 2007 6:30 PM  
Blogger Khrista said...

The party looked like a lot of fun.
Nasty bee sting! I can't believe you've never been stung before. Glad it wasn't too serious!
Congrats on the new camera...even if it is Nikon! :o)
(Just kidding)

October 03, 2007 9:14 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

I just bought that same camera about a month ago ! (your new one)I love it !

October 04, 2007 9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My grace is sufficient for you,
for My strength is made perfect in weakness.
- 2 Cor. 12:9