Saturday, January 26, 2008

Road Trip








I thought I had posted the pictures from our trip to Arizona, but I looked back and realized I have been more of a slacker than I thought! We drove to Nevada and Arizona in the late summer to visit some of Robert's family. It was a great trip! I love road trips! We went to his cousin Paul's ranch in Nevada, where we got to spend some time with Paul, his wife Angie and their kids. From there, we went to Kingman, Arizona, where Robert grew up. It was pretty cool to see his old house, his elementary school and other places he remembered. And I got to meet his childhood best friend, Joey, and his family, including Aunt Carla & Uncle Dick, who were wonderful hosts! During the trip, we even managed to see the Hoover (oops, I mean Boulder... sorry, Robert!) Dam. On the way home (well, it was a little out of the way, but totally worth it!!) we stopped at the Grand Canyon. We got there just after sunset that night, stayed in one of the lodges there, and were up before sunrise to get some pictures before we had to head home. Right after we got back to the lodge (I mean RIGHT after) it started to pour, and we had the most awesome thunderstorm I have ever experienced... we actually saw it coming while we were out on the canyon rim, and could see the lightning on the other side! Oh, yeah, and we got to go to the Grand Canyon Caverns too. Not bad for only a 4 day trip!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

great pictures! hope you are doing well. im good, just getting old(but i wont be old til monday!).
haha.

February 01, 2008 2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My grace is sufficient for you,
for My strength is made perfect in weakness.
- 2 Cor. 12:9