Thursday, September 25, 2008

3 Years... and our Future Addition!


We celebrated our 3-year anniversary on September 17! It's crazy how quickly time goes by. We celebrated that weekend with a picnic dinner at the Idaho Shakespeare Festival, and watched Greater Tuna. It was really funny! The weather was perfect, and it was a great night.


Some of you know this already, but our present to each other this year was that we turned in our adoption application! It is something we have been talking about for a long time... we knew before we were even married that we wanted to adopt someday. We are VERY excited for what God has in store for us, and were told by the adoption agency that it could be a matter of months or less! We are trying not to get a timeline stuck in our heads and to just trust God's timing, and whatever happens we are praying for the baby He is going to bring into our lives. We appreciate your prayers during this waiting time, for patience, finances, and God's timing. We are currently working our way through the BIG stack of paperwork required for the home study, and once that is completed and approved we will officially be on the list! We will keep you updated on the progress. Thanks to our awesome friends and family who have already been so supportive and encouraging!!

6 Comments:

Blogger K~ said...

Amy and Robert!

Holy Cow! I'm so excited for you guys! Congrats on 3 years. It doesn't seem like we've been out of Idaho that long... *sigh*.

I'll pray for you guys and all of the process of adoption. I'm so excited for you guys! Keep us updated.

Oh and I updated the blog BTW. :D

I'll do better on posting. Especially since I know somebody reads it. ha ha!

September 25, 2008 5:07 PM  
Blogger Khrista said...

I am over-the-moon happy for you guys! So exciting!
Your anniversary picnic looks delish, just missing a nice bottle of red wine! :o)
I'll keep praying about the adoption process.

September 25, 2008 8:29 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

We actually had a great bottle of white wine! ;) I'm not a fan of red.

September 26, 2008 9:44 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Oh I am so so happy for you guys!! I will be praying that God gives you the patience that it takes to go through the adoption process, and that it will not take TOO long!

Do you have any idea where you might get the baby from?(u.s. China, ect...)

September 26, 2008 2:23 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

oh that is WONDERFUL!! im sooo excited for you guys!!! i hope and pray it will happen at just the right time.
you will have to excuse my absense and delay on commenting, im up in MA and dont have a computer with me.

September 27, 2008 8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy I am praying for you and this wonderful journey of adopting a baby, I know that God has great things for you and Robert and I do pray for this everyday.
May God bless you richly this 2009 and just rest on him and trust him, He is faithful.
Love,
Maggy Wheeland

January 04, 2009 6:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My grace is sufficient for you,
for My strength is made perfect in weakness.
- 2 Cor. 12:9