Thursday, August 06, 2009

Held

Today, I woke up early and went to work out with a friend. On my drive to her house, I looked out my window and saw a beautiful sunrise. I looked out the other window and saw a rainbow. Then in front of me, I saw lightning in the clouds. Three of my favorite things, all at once! We took a 2-mile walk... mostly in a cool, refreshing rain. What a great way to start my day! It reminded me to be aware of the little blessings in life, the reminders that God is holy, and powerful, and always PRESENT, even we we feel forgotten.

I have been feeling that way a little bit lately, with everything that is going on. I've been too busy and wrapped up in my own thoughts and desires, and not focused enough on what I am doing for Him. Sometimes in life it is easy to feel sorry for yourself, to lose perspective and think that because you don't have the one thing you think you need, you don't have anything. And sometimes life does seem unfair. Noone understands why my Uncle Cliff has ALS... why he and his family, who have lived their lives for Christ, are suffering in this way. We don't know why we are waiting and waiting for a child to come into our lives, while there are children being abused and neglected every day by parents who probably shouldn't be blessed with them.

I was listening to a song last night, Held by Natalie Grant. (To listen, play the video below.) It talks about how life does seem unfair sometimes, but that we were never promised that we wouldn't suffer. We were promised, however, that we would be held and loved in the arms of Christ. That if we choose that instead of anger and bitterness, He will carry us through.


So today, I am choosing to focus on His love, and the little reminders of His presence. And to remember that through these situations, and all others, He is continually growing and shaping us into who He wants us to be.


1 Comments:

Blogger Khrista said...

Very encouraging post Amy! I am praying for you! :)

August 09, 2009 12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My grace is sufficient for you,
for My strength is made perfect in weakness.
- 2 Cor. 12:9